Saturday, August 28, 2010

And I thought Lollipop flowers were cool...



Check out these ones made with just a little starch!!

I watched this tutorial here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
A couple of changes I made..
- instead of using 2 or 3 sizes of flower repeatedly.. I used my cricut and cut out some basic flower shapes at varied sizes; 3" 2 1/2" and 1 1/2"
- I also do not have any stamen at this time (I visited 5 stores this morning looking for some.. I'll be making a trip next to week to a bigger town with a HobbyLobby and getting some there!) so I did not put holes in mine.. I just glued together the layers and put down a smooth faced metal circle.. things that also work: Vintage buttons, old snaps, floral beads.. anything like that!
- I DID in fact sponge the outside of mine.. I used the Tim Holtz distress inks because they're water soluble and so when misted with water and starch the ink bled
- I did NOT use glimmer mist, just regular water
- The starch I used is not aerosol - I like to be environmental friendly wherever I can.


The first photo is of the petaloo brand and the line is "Flora Doodles" their handmade paper flowers.. I fell in love with these! they come in ALL sorts of colors...


now I love my own HANDMADE flowers even better! (remember this is the first - it's practice practice practice until it comes out just like you like!)


Please tell me what you think!!!

4 comments:

  1. It turned out great! Really pretty!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely flower, that's what I think!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you staged these on that rusty metal grate. They're awesome. I recently did a swap with friends where we all made paper flowers, you'd be surprised at just how many tutorials there are out there and the amazing contributions everyone made.

    ReplyDelete