Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spread Your Wings

I got the gorgeous Gabrielle line from CropChocolate to do my current chocolatier submission out of, and I absolutely fell in love.



I decided to do an altered frame.



I'll never get over scrabble tiles and a label maker as words/titles. I think they're so fun. and the papers in this collection totally scream me. gorgeous browns, tans, turquoise and coral with splashes of white. And all the butterflies are so pretty.



I made this larger butterfly using a SU die, the Bobunny papers, distress ink, alcohol ink, feathers, stickles, and floral beads.



After tons of scanning, photoshopping, printing, cutting and layering I had the look I thought I was trying to achieve. The frame is nice and deep, so it provides a great sense of depth in the piece..

There's type of vintage shabby chiq paper crafting I've been striving to accomplish, and I'm just not quite making the target, yet. Oh well.. this is still a nice piece!

4 comments:

  1. beautiful DD! I love it :-) I did butterflies as well & can't wait to show mine off too

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous DeeDee! It looks like it took a ton of work (and patience) but the end result is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous - I love what you create and think you ARE getting the vintage-shabby-chic thing on! LOL.

    ReplyDelete