Friday, September 6, 2013

Guest Creative Team Member Riikka Kovasin

Our 2nd guest designer this month is Riikka Kovasin:


Hi there! I'm Riikka Kovasin - a Finnish mixed media style scrapbooker and crafter. I'm happiest when I can combine my love to beautiful products to chance to get messy!

I'm married and I have two daughters. My family is a constant source of inspiration and gives topics for my pages. I also love to scrapbook the everyday and the little things. I love to layer and cluster when working on a project!

I'm honored and thrilled to be guest designing for UmWowStudio. I find the chipboard shapes really inspirational and love the dark kraft color of these chippies. Thank you DeeDee for this opportunity!

I'd be happy if you want to visit my blog Paperilitiin (paperiliitin.blogspot.com)! You can also find me from social media like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.



I scrapbook about my supportive, understanding, awesome hubby way too seldom! So this time I thought I'd make him the center of attention and let him shine!

I created a sunburst pattern to the background by using masking tape and sticky back canvas and added more texture with modeling paste and stencils. I colored the background using mists and created an ombre effect - the colors are a bit lighter in the middle than around the edges.  In the middle I added layers of paper, his photo and finished the layout with the Um WOW embellishments.


The frame is colored with white Distress Stain. I adhered a little piece of paper coated with double sided tape to the back of the frame. To the heart I added gold glitter and to the text I added black embossing powder. Large Love This Polaroid

Arrow Confetti & Film Reel Count Down Flair

5 comments:

  1. Riikka congrats on the GCT spot! This page is awesome! Love that mixed media burst and cool layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is AMAZING! Fantastic layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page, Riikka! I love the neutral layers, and the burst of color and texture behind. Your style is right up my inspirational alley. It's so great to have you here sharing your lovely work with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome page! That background is so cool!

    ReplyDelete