Thursday, September 26, 2013

♥ Bangs {May Arts & Faber Castell}

Hello Folks!!


Welcome to my part during the insanely inspiring May Arts and Faber Castell swap week! I hope you've been visiting blogs all week! There's a beautimous prize up for grabs... and the Faber Castell goods work like HEAVEN with the vast abundance of May Arts Ribbons available, so I wouldn't want you to miss anything along the way♥


I've been working on a little general self improvement, and recently worked up the balls to cut some side sweeping bangs into my former one length locks. 
I. LOVE. THEM. 
So I marked the occasion with a 12x12! And what better style to create my layout in than a bit of cream and pink femininity! 


The May Arts ribbons used include the Eyelet Lace(447-58-01 White), the Sheer Box Pleat(392-58-01 - WHITE) and the Pink Burlap String(SM-17 Pink.) I also used a Metallic Melon Gelato from FC to both stamp in and splatter across the page and my embellishments. The FC Metallic PITT Pen in Gold makes the perfect little doodles along the edges of the page and photograph as well as handwritten title. Along with the doodles around the edges I added in a few complimentary circles mixed in with the Gelato splashes.


Other products used include  UmWowStudio (Mini Polaroid Chip, Circle Confetti Mask, Daisy Chip, Swallow Chip, Layered Hearts Chip), My Mind's Eye (Buttons and Brads), Viva Las VegaStamps! (Snail, Line of Chevrons, Striped Border Arrow, Open Immediately, Feed Your Soul), Gauche Alchemy (Washi Tape), Glitz (Giant Rhinestone), Prima (Daisy Layers Paper Flower), BasicGrey (Serenade paper), adhesive, gesso, thread, seed beads, eBeads, basic archival ink in black and a paperclip! 

Please please PLEASE Make sure to see all the beauty today by visiting fellow Ribbonistas GINI & EMILY as well as the May Arts Blog and the Faber Castell Design Memory Craft Blog!

26 comments:

  1. Your new style is lovely DeeDee and the layout you have created to celebrate is beautiful - love the soft, pretty colours with the bold black contrast, doodling and all of the flowing fibres!!!
    Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice on the new hair style and your LO is so sweet and feminine to show the photo off. I like the fun pink swirls and spatters to soften the back ground colours.
    Thanks for sharing your very pretty LO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout! It's a very nice way to use thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty layout with the colors you choose, I love all the sweet embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the bangs. Lpve the soft colors of the page. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new doo! I love all the sweeping threads and strings on this layout. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink looks good on you! ;) I LOVE YOUR STYLE!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute new look! And love your page...very artsy and eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice style with your bangs sweeping to the side!! Your LO is perfect for your photo, too. So pretty and lots of interesting things to look at! @@

    How do you get your thread to stick? I always admire LOs that have lots of wispy things on them, but wonder how it is done. Would you share your technique?? Thanks!
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous LO - love the papers ! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice layout. Love the little birdie and the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very lovely layout.
    Love the bird and
    flowers added.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Using thread is a new element for me...something to try on my next card or LO. Did you dip it into a diluted wet glue solution first? I'm thinking that would make it stick. On the other hand, it would be a very different 3D element to just tack here and there and let the rest move. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a very nice layout. I love it. Johanne L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely layout - love the soft, girly colors.
    isoscia@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This layout looks great!! I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice! Highlights in "Flamingo pink"!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great layout! So many fun textures and details, love the doodling around the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  20. really, really loved your layout. xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely layout. I love the little birdie and the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely layout. I love the little birdie and the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely layout. I love the little birdie and the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a pretty layout. Love the pink and the gold metallic you used. And congrats on your new hair style.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great layout with lots of interest!!!

    ReplyDelete