Wednesday, April 2, 2014

How To Use The Sketch for Project Life


Hi, Lisa back with you today.If you saw the sketch yesterday and loved it as much as I do, you know you are going to create a 12x12 page with it this month, but if you also do project life/pocket scrapbooking I wanted to share two ways you can use the sketch to inspire a card you will love.

First of all, if you take out just the middle "white"  part of this sketch you can see how it will fit nicely into a 4x6 card. I used a bold yellow patterned paper as the base, adding on white cardstock, and lots of detail in the same fashion as the sketch design. My favorite is how the simple Star Confetti chipboard and Twinkle Speech Bubbles toned down the boldness of the yellows I chose in the papers, embellishments and washi tape. I even added yellow thread and yellow pant splotches to draw the the whole monochromatic theme together. I love using color in my design process.  But it may have been harder without the sketch and been way too bright for my style without the gentle tone of the chipboard.





In this design, the photo is the base for the design. I treated the photo as the white portion of the sketch. This came together quickly with a little washi, a star and arrow brad and lots of thread and Star Confetti.  I really love the finished products and may not have thought to layer a photo up this way without this month's sketch!



I hope you will all play along with us this month! Thank you for peeking at how I used the sketch!

Supplies:
Star Confetti Chipboard
Twinkle Speech Bubbles
Arrow Title Mash!
other supplies: 
Pretty Little Studio Neapolitan
Jenni Bowlin paint dabber
Freckled Fawn March Kit

1 comment: