Thursday, March 5, 2015

Create Art by Jen Matott

I'm in a "Art Journal Swap" that trades journals and each person does a page in it following a theme that is set by the owner of the book.  It's fun to see what others have done in the book prior to you getting it but it's equally fun to create a page to pass on!
 This book's owner left the theme up to each artist.  I just chose to create something mixed media with texture and color!  I wanted to keep my theme about art and creation.
 I added a gorgeous UmWowStudio From the Heart flair to this page.  I used lots of circles here to create a uniform look.  However, I mixed up the textures and sizes of the circles.
Starting with some  book paper strips and then adding some stamped circles.  Some dimension was added with an UmWowStudio circle confetti stencil and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Whipped Spackle.
 Some close up details of my page...

 I used Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos® in Steampunk Colors to create layers, drips, and spray. 
 I loved how this page turned out... it's hard to part with something like this but I can't wait to see all the fun pages in my journal that's coming back to me!

UmWowStudio products used:




Other materials used:
Indigoblu & Studio Calico Stamps

2 comments: