Friday, June 6, 2014

Bali Orchids by Manda

Hi everyone it's Manda here, fresh back from two glorious weeks in Bali, Indonesia. That of course means I have a whole stack of new photos to scrap! Today I am using the June sketch:

I decided to keep this one pretty simple because I felt like the photo was enough so other than the base paper and cardstock I kept pretty much to stamping and pan pastels. I started by using the orchid colour pan pastel and mixing it to look kind of like water colour. This was my first time using them so when I started out I wasn't sure how they would go but they are so simple to use that I am in love! 
I also did some stamping to reflect the circles in the sketch. I used one of the Soar Tags and painted it with some Heidi Swapp Color Shine Gold Lame to give it a metallic look because gold is one of the colours that will be repeating through my album for this trip. I added some pink twine from May Arts and I was done. A very simple page but I am really happy with how stunning it looks (I am even thinking of hanging it on the wall for a bit).

If you want to play along with the sketch check out THIS POST with all the details and how to link up.

Have a beautiful day - Manda xxx

Um Wow Materials:
Soar Tags 

Other Materials:
Pan Pastels
Paper - Carta Bella, American Crafts
Twine - May Arts
Embellishments - Crate Paper, Websters Pages
Stamps - Kaisercraft
Ink - Hero Arts, Prima, Heidi Swapp

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful picture that is perfect on this layout...love thee colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow . . . this is such a beautiful layout! And the picture is equally as beautiful. I just love the colors and details you used that really enhanced your photo instead of overtaking it. This reminds me that sometimes simpler is better . . . or less is more. :) Again, GREAT layout!!!

    ReplyDelete