Wednesday, June 14, 2017

June's Our Mixed Media Moods Challenge


Hi UmWowStudio Fans.....
Spring has popped....
the birds are singing 
and I am in the full throws of preparing the decorations
for my daughters upcoming wedding. 
Due to all the hubbub.....
I have been very lacking in inspiration of late
so I decided to pop over
to our fearless leader challenge....
Our Mixed Media Moods
everything about this mood board made my heart sing.


SOOOO.....I went to my box of UmWowStudio goodies
and decided to challenge myself to create with the
pieces parts that were floating around in the bottom of my box.


I then covered a piece of artboard
with vintage dictionary paper.
When dry, I spritzed it with water and tore off the
loose edges.


I then arranged the leftover chippies on my artboard.


I randomly applied Modeling Paste to the artboard
and used it as an adhesive to hold the chippies in place.
When dry, I applied a layer of Clear Gesso.


I didn't like the look of the semi painted chippies
so I created a slurry of Modeling Paste and water
and painted the chipboard.
When dry I applied another layer of Clear Gesso
to help facilitate the movement of color and water.


Now came the colors. I chose Desert Sun Glimmer Glaze
because I knew when it was dry it would be permanent.


Once dry, I spritzed the canvas with Sapphire Glimmer Mist.
Then, I used a baby wipe to take off some of the Sapphire
to expose more of the yellow.
I painted on a bit more Desert Sun then ran 
my Vintage Photo ink pad over top of the canvas. 
This made my heart sing....again!


I pulled out my package of
UmWowStudio ~ Home Grown Mash
and painted my chosen leaves green.



Here is my finished project.....





Thank you SOOO MUCH for stoppin' by the blog today.
I hoped you enjoyed my creative process....
POP over to Our Mixed Media Moods and play along!!


Products Used:
UmWowStudio 

Tattered AngelsSapphire ~ Glimmer Mist
Sun Sisters ~ Glimmer Mist
Desert Sun ~ Glimmer Glaze
Organic Garden ~ Glimmer Glam

Yvonne Blair Designs/Impression ObsessionHistory of Ever stamp

The Crafter's Workshop
Modeling Paste
Clear Gesso

RangerMulti Medium Matte
Vintage Photo ~ Distress Ink

1 comment:

  1. Dis is a glorious post. I am absolutely loving what you have done here. its so bright and full of life. This is a new standard you have set for yourself now. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete