Monday, November 18, 2013

She Is Genuine

Good morning UmWowStudio fans! It's Amy here today, to share a canvas I made, with all kinds of chipboard "star power."
I started by tearing the edges of the photo (I printed it on copy paper), and adhering it with gel medium, then burnishing with a brayer. This helped the photo become a part of the canvas, then I gessoed and blended from the photo corners out. The fun part was creating and blending the drips of paint, mist, and ink. I plan to do a video tutorial, sharing this technique, so keep an eye out!
dsc_0137
I added sprinkles of the star confetti to my cluster of embellishments (including a layered star, stamped with the ever so perfectly fitting star pin stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps!) and a few of the gears from the gear mash .
dsc_0145
For a little bit of whimsey, movement and sparkle, I used the circle confetti mask, ink, and some sparkling blue embossing powder. I love how it creates another layer of dimension on the page.

I hope maybe you were inspired today, to get your create on! Grab your UmWowStudio chipboard pieces, masks, and some paint and ink...and get messy. It's the perfect way to ward off the Monday blues.....I promise.

Supplies Used: 
UmWowStudio: Layered Stars, Star Confetti, Gear Mash, Circle Confetti Mask.
Paints and Inks: Folk Art/Plaid: Jamaican Blue, Iridescent Green. Color Shine: Teal, Mint. Mr. Huey's: Navy. Tattered Angels: Olive Vine, Sand. Clearsnap: Mix'd Media Inx Reinker, black. Ink Pad, Momento: tuxedo black.
Flowers: Prima, Recollections
Metal Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology, Bead Landing


2 comments:

  1. Nicely done, Amy. It is a very powerful; piece of art with really good motion and flow.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE what you did on this canvas!!! Great colors Amy and nice combo of embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete