Friday, March 7, 2014

Creating Your Own Project Life/Pocket Scrapbooking Cards




Hi, Lisa here with you, very excited to share my first post on the blog! Today I wanted to share some fun ways to use my favorite Um Wow Studio masks and chipboard.

I think with all the project life cards on the market we can quickly forget that we might already have supplies on hand that could  create really beautiful cards to lead to a faster and easier layout!


The base of this weekly layout is just a stack of simple grid cards. I used both 4x6 and 3x4 grid cards as my base. Alone, they look a bit drab. Plain. and that is okay, too, but if you want to "spice them up" here are some simple steps.

Step One: Use a Mask

I started this 4x6 card with the Line of Chevrons Mask and a messy spraying of mist. I also used one of my pens to draw a few extra chevrons. I love the added touch that added, too.





This created a simple, yet lovely, background. I used a mist light enough so I could still use the lines to journal, but so it still dressed up the card.


Step Two: Use Some Chipboard

 I created a bit more detail using the coordinating Chevron Confetti. I love when products "fit" together and these two go hand in hand. The pop of texture and design with this simple addition is just lovely.




Step Three: Add a photo, journaling and/or a few extra details



 In just a couple of minutes I was able to have a finished card, just adding a photo, some simple stamping, including a basic date stamp and a bit of washi.  You can see each card below has a bit of either journaling, photos, embellishments, stamping or all of them, but it does not take away from the original designs I created with the mask and chipboard.






This page was made so much more "finished" with these easy to use products and I am loving the finished page. By creating my own cards I was able to put the photos where I wanted on the card, add the journaling in larger amounts and match my colors so much easier.




If you customize a Project Life/Pocket Scrapbooking layout please share it here in the comments I would love to visit and see it! 


I will be back sharing  posts on creating simple personalized cards  here soon!

and if you wonder why I use so much journaling and less photos this week, please check out my post here on my blog.




UmWowStudio Supplies:
Sidewalk Chalk Flair
UmWow Studio Chevron Confetti Chipboard
UmWow Studio Line of Chevrons Mask

other supplies:
Becky Higgins Design A Page Protector
White Grid 4x6 Cards
White Grid 3x4 cards by Studio Calico
"I Can't Do This" card by Studio Calico
"the official record"card by Studio Calico
Mr. Hueys Dewey Spray Mist
Mr. Hueys Atmosphere  Spray Mist
Stazon Jet Black Ink
Studio Calico Stamps
Pebbles From Me to You Date Stamp
BasicGrey  Opaline Collection Pearls (teal)
Lily Bee Design Alphabet Stickers


 

5 comments:

  1. These are super fun pocket cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently did a very similar post- of course you will see a different style. I LOVE your cards and layout!
    http://www.cliquekits.com/1/post/2014/03/simple-scrapbook-3-x-4-cards-spending-less-creating-more.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love PL and I love your creativity :)

    ReplyDelete