Friday, August 26, 2016

She spread her wings....



Hello everryone, 




Today it is my turn to share a project. I have made a canvas and it is a little different to my usual bright colours but I really enjoy making vintage things as well...  
 here it is:


This was actually a painted canvas so I started with glueing book pages on it. I then added the dots with a piece of punchinella and some model paste. 
Next I painted it with a mix of turquoise and white DecoArt Media fluid acrylics. 
The next layer was Antiquing Creme also by DecoArt. I used a turquoise and a brown.. 
You put it on, let it dry and then wipe it off again... 



I got the little frame in the dollar store and I antiqued it the same way, using Titan Buff paint and the same antiquing creams. 


On the little crown from the photo booth props set of chipboards I added some glue from a tape runner and then put some foil on it. It was by no means perfect but that was just the look I was going for. The bits that weren't covered by the foil I painted with gold paint. I then added 2 layers of clear embossing powder over the top. 


I put a piece of Designer Paper by 7dots Studio (Destination unknown) under the little frame.  
Next was the Cicada. I painted it with Titan Buff DecoArt Media Fluid acrylic paint and then added some dark turquoise on the top edges of the wings.
I then used a holographic embossing powder to get some shimmer. With a bit of metal wire and some seed beads I gave the cicada antennea, no idea if the have antennea??? lol


Underneath the frame is a rubber stamped image by VivaLasVegaStamps! It didn't stamp very well so I added some more ink with my fingers. I also added some black stripes with black fluid acrylic and an old creditcard. 



Here is a close up of the shimmer... 



The whole thing was put together using gel medium to glue the frame, the crown and the cicada. I also added some splatters... The last thing I did was add the sentiment which is by VivaLasVegaStamps. 


I have used these chipboards:

Cicada bug






Photo booth props



Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 




2 comments: