Wednesday, May 24, 2017

What does one do???


Hi UmWowStudio Fans....
I must tell on myself....
when I started this project I had
ZERO inspiration
ZERO creativity....
just a deadline to make!
What does one do??
Go back to what you know works.....
a piece of paper,
a stencil and a bit of medium
and so I began.....

I applied modeling paste through my


onto a sheet of 7DotsStudio ~ Fortune Teller paper.
(a round of applause to our fearless leader for this AWESOME paper!)
When it was dry I applied a layer of Clear Gesso
to help the next layer of color move easily.


I thought I was creating a video on how I did the next step
but seems to be......I was mistaken!

Then, I pulled out my package of
Ken Oliver's Liquid Metals.
I randomly dropped color onto my stenciled paper,
then spritzed with water and let it run.
When I was happy with the colors,
I dried the paper and tore the paper into strips.


Next, I pulled out a few of my newly acquired textures
a bit of fabric from a flea market in Florida
a few pieces of paper mesh
and my good ole standbys
dictionary paper and flute.

I tore them into various pieces and arranged them on
a 12 x 12 piece of kraft paper.


I then adhered all my pieces down with multi medium matte.
When dry, I used a fan brush to randomly apply
more multi medium matte on my "paper"
which I sprinkled Glass Glitter into.


When everything was dry, I flipped over my new "paper"
and cut into various sizes.

.....I applied my new "paper" to a greeting card base and
here are the results!!


I used a NAKED UmWowStudio ~ Gears Strip
behind my flower cluster.



I even made a bonus card.....
I painted a diecut ivy and...


Here are the results...




Not bad for having
ZERO inspiration
ZERO creativity....
Sometimes you JUST HAVE TOO.....
and it will come!


Other Products used:
Tattered Angels
Glimmer Mist
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Precious Metals
Glimmer GlamLime Cordial

Yvonne Blair Designs/IOStampsCard Sentiments

The Crafter's Workshop
Black Modeling Paste
Clear Gesso

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you just need to start playing with materials and then inspiration happens. Thanks for sharing your project. Love what you created.

    ReplyDelete