Monday, March 5, 2018

A wallhanging ...

Hello everyone,

I am sharing a wallhanging today. It was also an experiment with embossing powders which didn't quite go to plan, oh well..

And here's what I did to the chipboard.. 

I glued the star chipboard on some book paper..

I tore off the excess... 

I then thought to fill it with UTEE but see what happened:

I decided to go with it anyway and added a layer of the new Emerald Creek/Seth Apter embossing powders of the top. I used Dirty Sand. 

Sorry for the blurred photo, my camera obviously focussed on the pot of embossing powder.. 

I actually think that looks really cool ! 

So here is the finished project. The base is grey board of which I painted the edges with black gesso. The top layer is a piece of a box. I tore off the top layer of paper here and there to expose the ridges. 
I added the model paste through the UmWow Dahlia stencil, then added a layer gesso over the top.
I used Lindy's Sprays to colour the paper. 

I think it turned out nice, even if I did have trouble with the UTEE.. 

I have used the Dahlia Stencil --> HERE

and the Sketchy Star --> HERE

Thank you for stopping by today ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment