Monday, July 30, 2012

Mixed Media LOVE


I can't believe how much I love mixed media and the different styles associated with paints, mists, collages, found objects and anything and everything else that goes into it!!

This weekend I had the utmost pleasure of meeting one miss Anna Debrowska aka Finnabair, who taught a mixed media journal class at Treasured Memories in California. 


here we are together:


It was all I could do to not be a screaming little fan girl.. not talk her head off.. not stalk her and not just pack her up and take her home with me. I must say I was very well behaved! 

Here is the journal we made:









And here is the background for a set of pages for the inside! I've always used vintage photo distress stain for my "tea stained" look.. but anna says go straight for the tea! it's the only thing that actually LOOKS like tea. and I must say.. it was fun splattering a big bowl of tea! 


And she had the most ingenius idea of adding a pocket to the end of your journal for ephemera, bits n bobs, inspiration pieces and mementos from trips as journal page starters! In mine I've got a bit of prima paper from our kit, our beach parking stub and two embossed pennies from the trip. 


It was truly magical watching Anna work.. basking in her creative process was astounding and I'm so thoroughly happy to have been able to do it! I'm excited to gather a few more supplies from the class and get started on some of my own pieces of work!

And of course I couldn't NOT represent VLVS! --- I used the chicken wire background and the birds on a wire stamp :) They're both in Archival black.. without a block though, so that they're grungy sort of "misstamped" on purpose! 

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha, "a screaming little fan girl" - my feelings exactly when I took her class! I can so relate. Your journal turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! And 2 of my FAVORITE stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous DeeDee! Your colors are dramatic and beautiful...love! "Screaming little fan girl" totally summed me up too (at least inside!) on the outside I was like "Hi!!" *sigh*...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! That must have been a super fun class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome album! You never cease to amaze me with all you do!

    ReplyDelete