Friday, December 7, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree...

Hello :) If you're here from the May Arts blog today, welcome :) if you're not you might want to take a peek over there, as the Ribbonistas have put together some FABULOUS Christmas tree inspired ribbon projects!



With a 2 year old running around the house I didn't think it would be very smart to put up a whole tree this year, but I've always REALLY loved decorating a mantle and so made my own smaller tree out of paper and ribbon :)




Start with a piece of 12x12 cardstock, in this case I used a piece of tan colored Echo Park. Roll it into a cone, and cut the bottom so it sits flat. Grab your favorite May Arts ribbon and wrap the cone. I used SD01, and purposely made it uneven to get a little vintagy home feel. I then wrapped a section of vintage tinsel from Pink Paislee around it and glued an UmWowStudio flower on top. 

As a final step I used May Arts Burlap Twine SM10 to wrap around the tree and tie on the letters J O and Y from Pink Paislee. LOVE! 


I love this baby on my mantle! I also linked this beauty up @ CropChocolate in their weekly challenge for Thankful + twine. I'm thankful for being crafty enough to still participate in Christmas even when I can't have a tree, lol :) 

12 comments:

  1. Very stylish and elegant, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tree DeeDee!!Amazing as always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cute tree! I may give this a shot to match one of my trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty--I like the big flower on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to use your ribbon, would make great table centerpieces, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, you made that look so simple. Nice job, missy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a awesome project I love the lettering and the colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome tree, DeeDee!! I have one of those huge dark wood mantels and The vintage elegance of this would look gorgeous on it!!! I'd have to do it in a different color though since the fireplace is white brick. Plus it's a great that I have that flower, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tree and can see a whole forest of these on my mantle! Thans for the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete