Friday, January 25, 2013

Blast from the Past!!!

Hello everyone :)

 

Welcome to the LAST stop on the Blast from the Past blog hop!! I'm so in love with all the projects that the team did using our oldie but goodie stamps, and I'm honored to have them all participate and use our images. Give them a big round of applause! Don't forget to comment on each post from the hop, as our prize winner will be randomly selected from one of the blogs :)

Now.. onto my project using a stamp that hasn't seen much love lately!

I had the lovely
to work with!



We recently hosted an altered mousetrap swap, and this is what I used her for! I pulled the mousetrap apart and gessoed all the pieces. Then I colored them with Tattered Angels glimmer mist and Distress Stain.
My stamp is stamped with Ranger's Archival ink in black and colored with Distress Markers. She's then fussy cut and glued to the mousetrap! Before I added any pieces back on I laid down some gel medium and inserted paper circles, e beads and floral beads.Then I glued the spring and trap back together, adorned it with a bit of paper and May Arts ribbon, and highlighted bits and pieces with Luminarte's silks paints!



Thanks so much for coming by!! If you missed any stops here they are again, and don't forget to COMMENT for a chance at the Plate O' Rubber of your choice :)
-

-

28 comments:

  1. That you would think of using a mouse trap astounds me, so impressive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, love your mousetrap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colors you used on it. At first didn't even know it was a mousetrap. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your altered mousetrap is a masterpiece...
    Really fantastic use of the stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh M Gee! So wonderfully creative. Now need to get me some mousetraps. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is beautiful. Blue is my favorite color and the coloration on this project is so rich.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHH that's a fun project! Love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way the lady's arm extends beyond the border! Amazing project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is simply stunning. Love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours and the textures on this DeeDee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic colors! I can't believe it was a mouse trap.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting I never would have thought to alter a mousetrap but yours is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. VERRRRRy interesting......now I have to buy mouse traps! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I just love the colors and textures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thought I recognised her right from the start - she's gracing my living room along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I think I've just about seen it all! An altered mouse trap??! Honestly it was so cool and attractive, I didn't even realize what it was at first!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your altered mouse trap!!!! This stamp is going on my wish list!!! GREAT HOP!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic altered trap! So...you will be sending me the lady with the lamp now that you're done with her, right?!?! Fabulous stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this project! Your mousetrap turned out beyond AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, I love your mousetrap design. So very cool!

    ReplyDelete