Friday, July 29, 2016

YOUR WINGS by Lynne


Giving your children wings is EASY....
Letting them use them and leave the nest....
NOT SO MUCH!
(something I am working through!)

I began with a chunky 5 x 5 canvas.
I lathered on a layer of Shimmering Stucco
and pushed
UmWowStudio Puzzle MASH pieces into it!



When dry, I applied pieces of ripped vintage curtian
with multi medium matte.


then I let the coloring process begin!
a bit of Tarnished Silver
Sangria and Rainstorm
shadowed with Shadow.


Next, I chose
I painted on a layer of Rainstorm,
when dry I brushed on a bit
of Gel Texture Medium and sprinkled
a few seed beads into the wet medium.


I wanted to have the wings be dimensional
so I place a dollop of multi medium
behind the wings and stabilized them with
makeup sponges.
(yes I moved the wings to another location)


I painted a piece of Kraft cardstock
with Tarnished Silver
and stamped my quote onto the painted paper.


Here are a few closeups of my finished project!


I added a few seed beads to the Puzzle MASH pieces and
dabbed on a bit of Shadow paint.

JUST LOVE this sentiment!




Thank you for stopping by to check out my creation!





PRODUCTS USED
UmWowStudio

Perfect PaintsShimmering White Stucco
Perfect Clear Texture Gel
Shimmering Acrylic Paint
Tarnished Silver
Rainstorm
Sangria
Shadow
RangerArchival Ink ~ Cornflower Blue
Multi Medium Matte

Yvonne Blair DesignsWings

7 comments: