Friday, October 14, 2016

A gentle heart



Hello everyone, 

and welcome to today's Creative Team post. 



I have been playing with some more muted colours in the last few days. Maybe because I am sad that summer is over? Who knows. What I do know is that I thoroughly enjoyed my experimenting. 
This art journal spread is an example of this experiment. 



The base of this journal spread is a piece of Pattern paper from the Nature Walk series designed by DeeDee Catron. She is so very talented ! 

Here's how I did it:


I cut the 12 x 12 to size (I actually changed this later as I cut off the white from the left page. Later I decided I wanted the pattern of the splatters to continue... 




Next I used some modelling paste through a piece of punchinelle (sequin waste) and dried it gently with my heat gun.. 


Next I thought it would be fun to use some gilding flakes. I usually avoid using them at all cost as they go everywhere... lol 
I think the result was worth it though. I also inked the edges of the pages.



How fab is that ?



Another look...



Next I used some black embossing glitter to colour and coat the heart. It is not really a glitter, more a glint... 




After did all that, I started stamping the background, of course I forgot to take more photos... All stamps I used are by VivaLasVegaStamps! (What else?) and I used different colours of Archival ink. The sentiment was stamped on the page directly but I messed up so I stamped it again on a piece of the same paper but turned around; I inked the edges and added some brads and then added it on top of the one I messed up. The flowers in the heart were a piece of ribbon that I was given. It was pink and I coloured it with inks to match the rest of the page. 
I glued the pages in my journal and that was that ! I really like how it came out.  

I used only one chipboard today:

Scribble Heart and you'll find it HERE


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

Corrie x



2 comments: