Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Handmade Snowglobe - Echo Park based

Alright Folks! Here's the dealio - Echo Park has decided they'd like to share some of the fan's work that showcases their product line! They asked for emails to be sent in of your favorite projects using their paper and embellishments. Well I saw this gorgeous handmade snow globe a week ago and decided I'd like to take a stab at it! Here's what I did with a few of the details thrown in:

I started with my favorite EP products; Wintertime, Merry Christmas and A Walk in the Park:



To make my presents I knew they needed to have some sturdiness to them, so I made small boxes out of cardboard, wrapped them in paper and made sure to add bows!




Then for the tree! I picked four of my favorite papers, coordinating colors, and cut them into rectangles.. 1x2, 1x1.5, 1x1, and 1x.5 each. Then I cut those squares into LONG skinny triangles, getting FOUR out of each rectangle (this might seem small.. but for snow globe size the smaller the better.. easier to glue and looks a bit more realistic and proportional!) I then inked the edges, and rolled a white piece of cardstock into a cone, covering it ink to give a nice green base to work with.



I then curled the ends of the triangles and glued them onto the cone, starting at the base with the longest pieces. I found an appropriate topper and covered the edges of the "pine needles" in white paint to look like snow!



I assembled a snowman, glued everything down to my base and put moss around the base, which I then dusted with acrylic to bring more snow into the picture. I picked some of my favorite paper from the Wintertime pack to cover up the base, wrapped around some lace and attached a rusted snowflake. The wintertime sticker is included in the collection pack, as well as the red winter banner at the top!



Products used: EP: Wintertime, Merry Christmas, and A Walk in the Park, cardboard, lace, cork, acrylic paint, distress ink, random sized berries, brads, moss, glue, twigs, curling ribbon, a small round vase, and tissue paper.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks.this is a great craft idea.My son loves snowglobes so I will definately use this to keep him busy one day over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete