Sunday, February 20, 2011

Break Free



All things start somewhere; hidden, locked away in a bag.

It's up to us to unzip the bag and let our imaginations flow freely on their journey of discovery.



I started out with a manila tag. I embossed it with a TH patchwork texture fade, inked it with Distress Ink VP, and sprayed it down with water to make the ink bleed. I then cut out a zipper from some old pants and fit the tag to it. I inked another tag black and then glued down the top tag and zipper. I stamped TH's pickup on a white piece of packaging (Recycling!! YAY!) and cut it out. I found some gear like pieces at the hardware store, made some vintage clouds out of old book pages and Broken China distress ink. I also printed out a fairy with some gorgeous wings from TheGraphicsFairy and gave the truck some flight! I used a Qtip to give the pickup a bit of backfire smoke. There's some turquoise colored wire that was wrapped into swirls, and then I assembled it all to look like it was "released" from the zipped up black tag!

I've entered this into the Simon Says Stamp n Show challenge.. and am now applying for their DT :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow - that's just awesome!!! Love it. Now, what are you going to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I suppose I should add this to the post "I'm entering this in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, and then applying for their DT" rofl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...i love you and hate you. You're just too good! Okay-I just love you:) On another note, this reminds me that you should show your readers some of the lovely fine art you've done...such as the work that got you that fancy scholarship, perhaps? Just a thought. I know I'd like to be able to open my blogger and look at that eye candy:)

    Love you!
    Rachel May

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome! Dee Dee you are so talented. You are definately an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is great! I love the zipper idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO creative I love the zipper opening, fabulous tag Deedee, very inspiring!
    The design team & myself are so pleased you joined Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!
    Thank You, HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete