Monday, April 22, 2013

Earth Day Hops GOIN' GREEN!

Hello everyone!!


First of all.. Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

I'm joining in on TWO Blog Hops today -- it's Earth Day.. a day I hold pretty special.. it's always been close to my hippie little heart. So I couldn't say not to either of the hops that came up for me to participate in!! So I've joined the two in this one post and at the end you can just take your correct fork in the road!

The first is the May Arts Ribbonista hop!! 
(You should be here via Emily's Blog)

And the 2nd is leslierahye's Earth Day hop!
(follow the inlinkz at the bottom of the post!)


And now... onto my project. As I said before, I'm a HUGE fan of Earth Day.. heck.. I KINDA like this place ;)

So today I've put together a tag featuring some gorgeous Sunflowers and a short message.


My tag is actually recycled from the cardboard insert of some Pink Paislee packaging out of the Chest Hope collection! I've also used a slip of paper, a sticker, and one of the paper pieces from that collection.
I've used the Black Burlap String and the Ivory Scallop Satin from May Arts
The stamp is the brand new Sunflowers from Viva Las VegaStamps!
I made the Sunflower on the bottom out of muslin and Distress Stain, the center is Amazing Mold Putty's quick cast resin and Tattered Angels' Glimmer Glaze.
The Make Note Polaroid is from us here at UmWowStudio
I used adhesive from Helmar USA
I stamped in Archival black by Ranger, used Mustard Seed, Broken China and Rusty hinge distress stains, Walnut stain distress ink, a MS punch, and a Mustard Seed distress marker.



The fantastic Ribbon Lady from May Arts is giving away this beautiful set of ribbons to one lucky duck who comments along the blog hop!


And I'll be giving away this fabulous Floral Set of chip to some OTHER lucky duck who is commenting on my blog today :)

thanks so much for taking the time to stop today!! If you're here via May Arts please move along to Charlene's Blog!
If you're here via the LR hop follow the links below! :) 


-



-

51 comments:

  1. Love your project, Dee Dee. Those florals rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag! Great stamp and love all the different elements you chose. Very "green".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag. I like the sunflower stamps and the muslin sunflower you made.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. reusing packaging is soooo great! beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This is sooo beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Awesome idea to recycle packaging! Your project has given me another idea as well,,,,to make a tag with a package of flower seeds attached, or make the pack of flower seeds along with a few embellishments the tag!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Sue O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tag and love sunflowers so that makes a love, love.
    Would love to win those chip flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the tag and use of the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of recycling the packaging! What a beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it DeeDee!!You always make such neat stuff and your chipboard is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, LOVE this! Sunflowers are my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative..love the muslin Sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE THIS TAG!! Great job recycling the packaging...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tag! I also recycle packaging whenever I get the chance.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your tag! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your tag. That is such a beautiful design. Thanks for sharing your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful tag :) I love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Quack, quack, quack. (Google Translation- I love your tag, it's gorgeous.) Quack, quack ......quack! (Google Translation- I sure hope I am the lucky duck, especially for those cool chipboard embellishments!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty piece! I love that you recycled your packaging, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty! And I love sunflowers. Great job! Just DUCKY! ha ha couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful tag and the ribbon is gorgeous. Such a pretty sunflower embellishment. Love those chipboard embellishments too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the little tag, and the sunflowers are a great addition. Love the little extras that you used to make it pop. I always try to save some of my packaging to reuse. Thanks for a sweet project.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cool tag! It's brilliantly recycled!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love being able to use up scraps that I keep in a box under my work table. It's amazing what you can do with a little piece of this and a bigger piece of that. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like your tag. I like to recycle things just to save money.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great look. I love how natural it is.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is Gorgeous. What a wonderful idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dee Dee - it's lovely. I don't like to do blog hops but I wanted to do yours. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love he flower you made! This is a fun blog hop--lots of good ideas. Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pretty tag, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a gorgeous tag...and I really love the sentiment!! I agree...I do love this place!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very creative projects. Would love to scraplift using the products I might win!

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG, this tag is wonderful. Love the ribbons, but especially the chipboard flower shapes. And the new VLVS stamp is to die for. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  34. I came to this from May Arts yesterday but found the other hop today. I love your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love all the recycling you you have done on your tag!!!!! It is Beautiful! LOVE your chip board!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your tag is lovely. The chip board is very intriguing, lots of ideas come to mind to use that in a project.

    ReplyDelete
  37. As always your work is so inspiring!! Love the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  38. OMG! I die for chip flowers! (Didya get the "Rachael Zoe" fav saying?) Me Me Me PAhleeeeeze!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fantastic tag! You did good grasshoppa!

    ReplyDelete
  40. so much going on here!!! busy lady, miss a day's post and you miss everything, tag is cute !!!! checking out the DT call, thanks for sharing your inspiration with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the fabulous tag and the big beautiful sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  42. BEAUTIFUL tag - love your sunflowers and your layered ribbon & string!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful tag! I really love that flower too! Always a fan of your work! Thank you for being apart of my Earth Day Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete