Monday, October 20, 2014

Pretty in Pink

Hello all,

Today's layout is about my youngest daughter's love of pink. She is a princess-y kind of girl, through and through (despite her extremely un-princess-y mother and sister).


Of course I had to use some UmWowStudio Layered Butterflies but I also wanted to grunge it up a bit. I wanted to make them look vintage and metallic. What do you think?



The chipboard are so sturdy! Adding layers of acrylic paint and heat (to get the texture) was no problem.

I also texturized the Hexagon Background with some fiber paste and texturized the background with the Checkerboard Mask and heavy gesso.


That Wild Flower flair went so well with this page. I just had to emphasize it with some dark brown twine from May Arts.

Have a creative day!

Supplies:

UWS Layered Butterflies
UWS Hexagon Background
UWS Wild Flowers Flair
UWS Circle Confetti Mask
UWS Checker Board Mask

7Dots Studio Love is in the Air

May Arts brown twine

Prima Crystals

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, and love all the texture on the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the checkerboard mask and oh lala those textures!!

    ReplyDelete