Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Dream a Little Dream Visual Journal Page with Jen Matott

Hi UmWow Studio fans!  I'm here to share a little tutorial on how to create with lots of fun textures and use UmWow Studio Mask/Stencils!  This visual journal page was done with the UmWowStudio Star Confetti Mask , Circle Confetti Mask, and Cicada Mask.  

 I used a Unity Stamp set that had a stitched look.  I added stars with the UmWow Studio Star Confetti Mask, Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Iced Chai Gelato® from the Steampunk color set, and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Glass Bead Glitter Gel through the mask!   To apply the Gelato® color through the stencil, use a foam applicator to pick up some of the color from a non-stick craft mat.  Rub through the stencil in a circular motion.  It creates a soft effect.  I added a bit more through the Circle Confetti Mask in different colors.  
 Then, I used a palette knife to apply the Glass Bead Glitter Gel through the stencil and allowed it to dry.  You will know it's dry because it turns from white to clear in color.  Some dripped, watered-down Gelato® was added for more shimmer.
 I used a Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft PITT Artist pen in a small tip to draw through the Cicada Mask!  I love this winged beauty!  I added a bit more scribble to it for interest. 
 Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft introduced a new product at CHA and it is gorgeous on the UmWow Studio chip!  Texture Lux can be brushed on or built up with texture tools.  I just brushed it on in silver and gold on some UmWow Studio Star Confetti and Layered Star Chip.
 Some Crate Paper rub ons were added and the Layered Star Chip was added last. I love working in layers in my journals.  Simple shapes can become very complex and show depth with lots of layers.
 The theme of the page was Dreams and I wanted it to look sparkly and whimsical! Lots of layers create texture and a fun page!
 I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial on how I created this page!  Thanks for visiting today!

Material List:
UmWowStudio Star Confetti Mask , Circle Confetti Mask, and Cicada Mask
UmWow Studio Star Layered Chipboard
UmWow Studio Star Confetti Chip
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Iced Chai Gelato® from the Steampunk color set ,
Margarita Mix, and Metallic Melon
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Glass Bead Glitter Gel
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Texture Luxe in Silver and Gold
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft PITT Artist Pen in small black
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Pen in Black
Crate Paper Notes & Things Collection rub-ons


1 comment: