Friday, May 22, 2015

On Cloud Nine - Tutorial By Sindi Jeffers

Hi everyone! I just completed a new layout with my UmWowStudio goodies and wanted to share my technique for altering some of the tabs.

Here's how I made those cute little tabs that are on top of my photos:



First, gather some gesso, your tabs, and your favorite twine. I used clear gesso because it looks better if you decide to let part of the bottom tab peek through. It also helps to forget to remove the price tag from the big giant bottle of gesso. Do not skip this step! lol






Paint some gesso onto the bottom tab. This helps to hold the twine in place as you are winding it around. I also add a dollop of hot glue to the back sometimes to hold the twine down. Then, begin winding the twine around the tab.



Keep wrapping the twine around the tab until it is as full as you like.  When you are finished, just glue the twine down on the back and cut off the excess.



I painted the top tab white, but if you like a more natural look, just leave it raw. The last step is to attach the top tab to the bottom. I used hot glue to attach mine.




UmWowStudio Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment