Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Love cast in clay!! (A blog hop)

Hello!! Welcome to my stop on the LOVE CAST IN CLAY hop!! Amazing Mold Putty and Creative Paperclay® Have teamed to bring you this fabulous blog hop!! 

There are two prizes available.. worth $25!! One on the AMP blog and one on the Creative Paperclay® blog -- you must comment on EVERY stop and become a follower of every stop to be eligible for the win!

Here is a list of the blogs in case you've become lost along the way:




And here is my project: 



I fell in love with this mini cameo and just had to use it! I cast the original in Amazing Molding Putty. When my mold was cured, I demolded the original and dusted the inside of the mold with Alumilite's Pearl dust. I then molded the piece out of the Air Dry Paperclay®. After a full 24 hours (to be sure it was dry) I took my piece out of the mold and brushed with a Martha stewart chocolate brown glaze. Before it had a chance to dry I wiped the piece with a wet cloth to take off the excess glaze!

Other products used: Teresa Collins paper, cardstock, MME cardstock, walnut stain distress ink, baker's twine, muslin and hot glue. 


Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Your next blog is that of Debbie Buckland!  

19 comments:

  1. it compliments, appeals to a lot to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what else to say except wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I love the cameo. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had no idea you could even make such a tiny mold too!!! LOVE your tag and it certainly showcases the tiny cameo beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty. The cast cameo is perfect for this. Thanks for sharing.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is gorgeous!!!
    xoxo
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous tag deedee! I love the cameo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty Deedee. I love how you aged it w/the brown.

    Did you know blogger is having issues w/at least two of the blog stops tonight? I've been going in order using your page as my home base (thank you for including the full list) when ever I've run into trouble - which I hit off the bat. Creative Paperclay's blog is one of the one's not working!

    - blue

    ReplyDelete
  11. NOOOOOO!! Amazing mold puddy's blog isn't working either. Oh well. I guess I'm not meant to be in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is beautiful and simple great job Dee-dee :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your tag! Such a pretty cameo. This stuff can do amazing things! Tfs!

    ReplyDelete