Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Homemade Cupcake Stand!!

Ok first of all.. you have to check out this super easy peasy lemon squeezy tutorial that Heidi did on a Peppermint Cupcake Tier - Hers is red and white and painted like peppermint candy with four tiers. I only needed 3 tiers.. and decided on bright yellow with white swirls.. for the DR. SUESS BABY SHOWER!.

Here's my first installation of baby shower goodness (my fantastic Mother-in-law is throwing the baby shower, I'm just doing the crafty parts she can't!):

I went to a second hand store.. and found two plastic plates, one regular round one (the middle) and one chips n dip server (bottom) and then found this really random black walnut plate with that SUPER cool triangle handle already attached to it.. (the top) I don't know what it would be used for but it fit so perfect! The tiers in the middle are some ceramic vases super tiny and petite but those swirled sides seemed to fit SO well!

Just like Heidi, I painted everything white, then used contact paper to mask what I didn't want yellow and sprayed yellow.

Hoorah for success!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment