Friday, December 2, 2011

12 tags day 3!

I'm glad to be back folks ... thanks so much for your sweet sweet comments on day 1 and for all the encouragement to get my computer fixed on day 2 :) I really am having fun showing you my tags!




Each day of the hop we are using stamps from Plate #1363 -- which is also a PRIZE! for people who hop all 12 days, leave comments and become followers! 

You should have started @ Terri's Blog. if not, click the link and be sure to go in order :)

My Creation:



Quick note about the background : I used Miracle Tape from VLVS! to stripe .. then dumped embossing powder on the tag.. it sticks to the double sided tape which makes for beautiful stripes! Heat with a gun and viola!!


I have also managed to base my tags off of Linda (The Funky Junkie)'s 12 tags! So I will be linking up there each day :) Today's is linking to tag 2 -- Mostly I took inspiration from her handmade flower and the variety in textures that she used! I've got rough cardstock, plastic netting, smooth satin... it's a super fun tag to hold!


Thanks for stopping by!! You're on your way to Susan's Blog next!!!

-DeeDee

21 comments:

  1. The striped background is marvelous! I love all the different textures on this tag. And the red is smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I think I am so ready to grasp new colors for Christmas I see your tag and fall in love with Christmas red all over again,

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO pretty, DeeDee--love the candy stripes, and the Christmas SHINE!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool way to make stripes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the red (my fav color!) and your satin flower is stunning - that piece of net is a fab addition. Love the cheesecloth here too - I always forget to use it so you have inspired me with it. A fun entry into my 12 tags challenge. Thanks so much for linking up!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red and how different your tag is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your background technique. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved how you did the background and made this so different by using a fabric flower! great idea! great job!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool technique with the miracle tape.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! The colours are stunning! (formerly saucermcfly @ LiveJournal)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, now that I like! ;) shellrm@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I like the simple white and red color scheme. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! Is that a yo-yo I see?

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another classy look, I appreciate your taste!

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very elegant and dramatic. I really like your stamping style.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful...thanks for the striping tip

    ReplyDelete