Monday, December 12, 2011

Imaginarium Design Team Application

--reposting this for the 12th and 13th to be at the top!!--


I LOVE chipboard.. I love altering it, applying it in new ways, misting over it, using it as a mask, making embellishments with it... I could go on and on... and I especially love IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS chipboard --- I'm super impressed by the designs that this team has imagined up.. and I'm also impressed with their unique grungy sort of messy branding style. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND --- they're having a design team call!! So along with the application that I sent in, here are ten of my favorite projects featuring any chipboard for the powers that be to see :D



1) - a classy kind of vintage chic inspired card made for a gal
who knitted a beautiful blanket for our dear baby boy. The chipboard is inked with
a distress ink by foam application.

2) - TimHoltz inspired Christmas tag. The chipboard was embossed
with clear ink and red distress embossing powder.

3) - A set of LOVE tags that hang on a wire in our living room.
The chipboard was peeled in half to reveal the "softer" inside, wetted
with water, embossed with a folder and distressed with antique linen
distress stain.

4) - a very sultry sexy inspired tag. In this piece I designed the chipboard
which I sent to a local laser cutter. When I got the raw piece back, I embossed
it with smooth black embossing powder and ran it through a texture folder.

5) - A steampunky tag. The chipboard on this piece is stamped and
hand cut to match the stamp. it started as a square piece of board. The 2nd
piece of chipboard in the background was cut from the Stampin' Up die "Topnote"

6) - Our first summer together layout. The chipboard was distressed
with vintage photo distress ink.

7) - A layout of my bebe boy with his bright blue eyes. This chipboard
is one of my favorite uses EVER! It started out as a sort of blueish gray color
that didn't really match the blues in the layout.. so I splattered dark brown
paint behind it using it as a guide/mask.. and then white washed the actual
frame piece to blend in more. The chipboard birdcage is from a TH Die that
I painted white.. then crackled and finally painted brown.

8) - This page is a commission for a customer. The chipboard here is layered under
the mini bird and rosette. Handmade embellishment!


9) - This piece was done as a design team submission.. it's a giant altered globe. There are all
types of chipboard applications on here.. some are left raw, some are distressed, some are
crackled, some are painted, some are inked... :)

10) - And last but not least a wall hanging made for a friend using Be Mine by EP.
The chipboard center cameo was cut from the cricut cartridge "Heritage". It was then
painted black and diamond glazed over to give it a sort of glassy smooth look.

Thanks so much for taking the time to check these out!! I hope you find what you're looking for in the DT and good luck to any and all who are applying! -DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment