Wednesday, December 10, 2014

One Crisp Magical Night

Hello, how's everyone doing? It's Miae here to share with you a winter canvas.

We've been making some Christmas crafts at home with my two girls and each of them have made a canvas so I decided to make one too :)

First, I painted the background with a mix of distress paints, blotting between layers with baby wipes until I got the look I wanted. 


I'd been savoring my UWS Spooky Branch, and I thought this was the perfect scene for it! I kept it raw but created the look of snow sitting on the branches with Distress Stickles in Rock Candy and loose white glitter.


As for the moon, I used UWS Layered Circles and painted gesso over it. Next, I used a sponge to apply some grey acrylic paint. Over the dried paint I applied glitter glue in silver and some more Rock Candy.


The UWS Star Confetti came in ever so handy to scatter all over the scene. I glued them all down first then dabbed gesso everywhere, followed by a bit of silver glitter. Easy!


Now I've created a little scene that we can hang up each winter. Happy Holidays to you all!

Supplies:


Distress Paints in Chipped Sapphire, Weathered Wood
Distress Stickles in Rock Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment