Thursday, August 21, 2014

Gear Mash Up Mini Canvas

Hello and Happy Thursday!  Tina Walker here today with a new project for UmWowStudio, a mixed media canvas!

Gears are a great design element, and the Gear Mash collection from UmWowStudio is the perfect set to create a gear project!



My mixed media canvas was a fairly simple and quick project.  You can create immediate dimension to any canvas project by stacking canvases. 

To create the background canvas, I added modeling paste directly to the burlap canvas.  Once it was dry, I sprayed the canvas with Gold Spray Paint.  I wanted a bold color statement, so I added 3 strips of May Arts ribbon.  I really love how the ribbon added quick texture and interest.


To build my focal canvas, I added modeling paste and gold spray paint as with the large canvas.  I then pre-prepared the gear chipboard with a coat of gesso and several colors of sprays and paints. 


I adhered the gear chipboard to my smaller canvas, layering them for dimension.  Once I was happy with the gear chip placement, I added more sprays and paints, pulling the entire canvas together.


I used word stickers for my sentiment (super easy and quick) and some twine to finish it off. 


Creating mixed media projects does not need to be time consuming or difficult.  Using basic supplies and customizable UmWowStudio chipboard makes it fun!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!




2 comments: