Monday, August 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Tag with Jen

Hi artsy friends!  Today is a fantastic day here in my neck of the woods and it is my 40th birthday!!  So, for my project, I made a birthday tag to share with you all...  I have many friends that have birthdays in August too.  Every birthday is a time to celebrate! 

"Make a Wish Tag"
 I got my hands on some of the brand new UmWowStudio Sequin Confetti and knew I had to do something fun with them! I love the color of UmWowStudio's chipboard so I didn't want to color them but I did mix them with bright colored plastic sequins too.  I also turned one of the Layered  Clouds into a cupcake top!  The Make a Wish Pocket Chip was perfect for this tag with it's adorable size and punched out words and chevron. 
 I did color the background tag with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos® in Mango, Bubble Gum, Tangerine, Lemon, Raspberry, Blueberry, Lime, Snow Cone, Gold Champagne, and Iced Chai
Using Faber-Castell Design Memory Crafts Textural Accents Whipped Spackle, I put it through a Circle Confetti Stencil to create depth and texture.   Those drips and splatters made it even more of a celebration!  I did paint the Make a Wish Pocket Chip with watered down Gesso before splattering with cool colored Gelatos.
 The cupcake wrapper was stamped on patterned paper and the Layered Cloud was covered with WOW Embossing powder in Vodka Sparkle. 
 A flair button was added too for another circle accent along with the confetti and doily.
I finished the tag off with ribbon and some Chevron Confetti.  This is a festive way to adorn a gift, bottle of wine or attached to some flowers! 

UmWowStudio Products:
 Sequin Confetti
 Layered  Clouds 
 Make a Wish Pocket Chip
 Chevron Confetti
 Circle Confetti Stencil

Other materials:  Faber-Castell Design Memory Crafts Textural Accents Whipped Spackle & Gesso, Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos® in Mango, Bubble Gum, Tangerine, Lemon, Raspberry, Blueberry, Lime, Snow Cone, Gold Champagne, and Iced Chai, WOW Embossing Powder in Vodka Sparkle, Tim Holtz tag, doily, Studio Calico confetti, aMuse patterned paper, Close to My Heart birthday stamps.

3 comments: