Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Discover Hidden Creatures

creature, allassiter, UWS full Hello! It's Amy here today, to share a layout I made, with a fun, whimsical and lighthearted feel!just imagine, stenciling
I started by creating my background with mists and watercolors/watercolor pencils. I laid down the harlequin mask, and used black ink to give some contrast. To give some texture, I used the checkerboard mask, and rubbed on some 13 Arts gesso (it's nice and textural/substantial) using my fingers. Adding watercolor over the gesso (once dry) gave a little splash of color as well.

gnome and reeds
After layering up some papers and fibers, I began to embellish. I painted the cat tails chipboard pieces, adding some moss underneath for a natural look, as well as flowers and the beautiful embellishments, like the dragonflies and bird nest. All of these (and the papers) were in July's Scraps of Darkness kit, "Believe."

flowers and reeds I love how this layout shows my quirkiness (I painted myself as a fox for Halloween last year), and my love for gnomes and other great fantasy woodland creatures. :) Thanks for having a look today, and lots of artsy crafty gnome sparkle blessings are being sent to you! Loves, Amy  

Supplies:
 UmWowStudio- Stencils- checkerboard, harlequin; Chipboard-Cat Tails
Papers and Embellishments: Scraps of Darkness July Kit, Believe
(BoBunny, Prima Marketing, Renea Bouquets)
Stamps-Viva Las VegaStamps!
Paints-13 Arts, Sakura (watercolor), Faber Castell (watercolor pencil)
Mists-13 Arts, Tattered Angels
Washi Tape-Tim Holtz
Fibers-Webster's Pages

3 comments:

  1. Amy! This is a fabulous piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this piece! the colors, the circles, the woodland bits - it's all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete