Monday, August 18, 2014

Steampunk Necklace with Jen

I've got another wearable art project for you!  I had so much fun creating the Hexagon Necklace from last month, that I made another using an UmWowStudio Doily!
 I loved the natural color of the chipboard doily so I left it alone! I added lots of fun embellishments and an artsy center.
I took the Cold Porcelain clay from the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Mixed Media with Gelatos kit and mixed some with the Gold Champagne Gelato® and pressed it into a mold for the wings.
 I used other products from the kit to create the center art.  I wanted texture and drama for the necklace.  I have more information about the process on this project on my blog.
I love to use UmWowStudio's chipboard pieces for all kinds of art but this one is perfect for a dramatic wearable art piece!   I hope I inspired you to create different types of art with these amazing embellishments!

UmWowStudio Product:

Supplies:
Gears: Tim Holtz
Brads: Prima Marketing
Beads
Hinges
Jump rings: Prima Marketing
Chain: unknown source
Beacon FabriTac adhesive

1 comment:

  1. A big aplause, Jennifer!
    What you make is a feast for my eyes to look at !!
    Well done!!

    ReplyDelete