Saturday, August 2, 2014

August Sketch Inspiration with Rhonda

Happy Saturday to you! Rhonda here today to share my take on our new fabulous August sketch.

Did you get a chance to check it out yet?  If not here's the sketch:


Here's my take on the sketch:

I loved the design and stayed pretty close to it. You'll see a variety of UmWowStudio products on my page. One of my favorites, the Doilies was my starting point, along with the Damask Mask.  I base coated the doily in a pretty cream paint and then touched some Inka Gold for a bit of shimmer.


The sentiment flair was perfect to accent my photo here. On our recent vacation I was able to snap a few sweet candid shots. A love speech bubble was inked with a rainbow ink pad, then rubbed with some more Inka Gold to keep the bit of shimmer.


A few more layers were added with the Soar Tag which I stamped and embossed, then wasn't so happy with the look, so I painted over it. This gave the perfect texture and I left it. A Layered Arrow was coated with a Pearl Pen in Opal.

I had such a wonderful time working with the sketch and our products, I really hope you'll find some time and play along. For all of the details on our August Sketch, check out this post

UmWowStudio Products:

Other Products:
Nature Walk Collection by 7 Dots Studio
Inka Gold  Metallic Rub
Viva Decor Pen in Opal
Add a Flourish, Coved Rectangle Horizon Boutique Stacker, French Pastry Tiny Doily, Hummingbird and Lattice 2 Frame dies by Cheery Lynn Designs
Teal Zircon Radiant Rain
Wow Embossing Powder - Pepper
Modeling Paste

 Thanks so much for stopping on over today!

5 comments:

  1. This is a stunning layout we done great colors n techniques

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is awesome and the products and techniques really add so much. I love the layers that add dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um wow makes doilies? I'm in trouble......love, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing layout! Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete