Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Temple Bayon by Miae

Hello all!

Have you ever been to Cambodia and wandered among the many temple ruins? We had an opportunity to do so last year and one of the amazing, standout temples we explored was Bayon. Here I'm sharing with you a photo of one of the many stone faces that grace Bayon's towers.



I wanted to create a page with an ancient feel. I loved the way the Brick Mask helped me do just that with the background. I used paper from 7Dots Studio Love is in the Air collecton, took an Oil Bar to the Brick Mask and created the background.


Next, I took the square chipboard from Layered Squares and cut them down to create rectangles (more along the lines of the bricks). To given them a more rough, stone look, I dabbed them with molding paste, then painted them with metallic watercolors.


There are jungles all around the many temples in Cambodia so I wanted to add a floral element to my layout. I took chipboard from the Floral Collectioin and painted them with Distress Crackle paint.


I hope you find some inspiration here!

Supplies:


7Dots Studio Love is in the Air
Prima Blossom Branches Walnut
Stampers Anonymous Floral Tattoo
Inkadinkado Floral Damask
Distress Crackle Paint



2 comments: